MHG36068 - Cropmarks - Cromal Mount
No summary available.
Type and Period (3)
- (Former Type) SITE (Undated)
- FORT? (Early Bronze Age to Pictish - 2400 BC? to 900 AD?)
- MOTTE? (Medieval - 1058 AD? to 1559 AD?)
- None recorded
Created automatically by NMRS Register Utility
User: Admin, Date: Wed 13 Oct 2004
NH75NE 29 783 556.
Information to follow.
RCAHMS (KB) 26 June 2000
Cropmarks of the arcs of at least two ditches were visible in aerial photography. See link below to HES Canmore for aerial photos. <1>
This site was included in the Atlas of Hillforts of Britain and Ireland online database. See link below for site entry. <2>
These cropmarks likely represent features associated with MHG4365, a possible motte. As the motte has not been confirmed however, it is possible that these cropmark may represent an earlier fort rather than the remains of a bailey. See <2> and MHG4365 for further details. GW 20/08/20
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7829 5560 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://hillforts.arch.ox.ac.uk/records/SC2904.html (Link to online Atlas of Hillforts of Britain and Ireland site entry)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/163552 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.