MHG36271 - Light Anti Aircraft Battery, Naust
Second World War light anti-aircraft battery and associated buildings.
Type and Period (1)
- LIGHT ANTI AIRCRAFT BATTERY (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- None recorded
Created automatically by NMRS Register Utility
User: Admin, Date: Wed 13 Oct 2004
NG88SW 5.02 centred 8308 8317
The site of the military accommodation camp for the Admiralty Pump House and water works is situated below Am Beum, at the end of track which leads from the Pump House (NG88SW 5.00). <1>
Second World War anti aircraft battery. Four concrete bases remain; the sub-cirular base furthest east would have housed the anti-aircraft gun with three other ancillary buildings housing personnel and amunition. Likely had a role to offer cover and protection to the nearby water / fuel depot, pumps, tanks and pipeline. <2>
- --- Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. No. 1308.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Guy, J. A.. 2000. Highland Region: A Survey of the 20th Century Defences. Historic Scotland. 30/01/2001. Digital (scanned as PDF). Vol.1, 49.
- <2> Verbal Communication: Puls, A. Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8311 8318 (82m by 45m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/172737 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.