MHG36592 - Fersit Halt
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- (Former Type) SITE (Undated)
- RAILWAY HALT (In use, 20th Century - 1931 AD to 1935 AD (between))
- None recorded
Created automatically by NMRS Register Utility
User: Admin, Date: Wed 13 Oct 2004
NN37NE 2 3521 7819
(Location presumed from map evidence). This intermediate halt on the Glasgow - Crianlarich - Fort William line of the former North British Rly was opened by the London and North Eastern Rly on 1 August 1931 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 1 January 1935; the line itself rmains in use. Apparently only as a temporary structure during the construction of the Loch Treig reservoir and dam, Fersit Halt occupied an isolated situation to the E of the River Treig.
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 2 February 2001.
R V J Butt 1995: Railway Magazine 1999.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 3521 7819 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/179081 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.