MHG36735 - Westfields, 12 Pool Crofts
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Built, 19th Century to 20th Century - 1881 AD to 1905 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
Created automatically by NMRS Register Utility
User: Admin, Date: Wed 13 Oct 2004
NG87NE 20 8611 7964.
A walkover survey in April 2008 noted this cottage as "The Narrows". During the field walkover it was noted that the property is a 1 1/2 storey cottage, stone built, quoin detail stones, slate roof, double gable wall chimney stack, double dormer windows at front, single at the rear. There is a small annex structure attached to the rear of the property. The cottage is occupied and in good condition. <1>
The grid reference provided by the NMRS, and the OS Mastermap annotation, suggests that this cottage is "Westfields" and not "The Narrows". Westfields is first depicted on the 2nd edition Ordnance Survey map of 1905. <2><3>
- <1> SHG23889 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Shaw, C. 08/2008. Loch Maree Regional Scheme: Archaeological Desk-Based Assessment and walk over survey. Jacobs UK. 18/09/2008. Paper and Digital. Site 12.
- <2> SHG23732 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1905. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <3> SHG23297 Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8611 7964 (9m by 11m) (Mastermap)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/183268 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.