MHG3684 - Drumrosach
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- PIT CIRCLE (Undated)
The cropmarks of two pit-circles have been revealed by oblique aerial photographs (RCAHMSAP 1982, 1989, 1995), 900m SE of Stoneyfield House (NH64NE 159). The pit-circles (NH c.6975 4509 and NH c.6976 4511) both have a double line of pits on at least one side and they have an internal diameter of about 12-15m.
Information from RCAHMS (KJ) 18 June 1999. <1>
A proposal for scheduling was received for comment from Historic Scotland in August 2006. <2>
<1> RCAHMS, Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS), 13457 (Interactive Resource/Online Database). SHG23282.
<2> Historic Scotland, 08/2006, Ashton Farm Cottages, ring ditch 390m SSW and pit circles 450m SW of (Text/Correspondence). SHG23866.
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 13457.
- <2> Text/Correspondence: Historic Scotland. 08/2006. Ashton Farm Cottages, ring ditch 390m SSW and pit circles 450m SW of. Digital (scanned as PDF).
|Grid reference||Centred NH 69776 45109 (55m by 66m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2300:35:1177880253467667::::P35_SELECTED_MONUMENT:11535 (Historic Scotland scheduled monument description (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM11535 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13457 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.