MHG3750 - Possible Ring-ditch, Laggan Farm
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RING DITCH (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
NH64SW 15 624 401.
NH 624 401. What may be the crop-mark of a ring-ditch has been noted in a sloping field 650 m WSW of Laggan farmhouse. It measures about 8 m in diameter.
RCAHMS 1979; Visible on RCAHMS air photographs IN 2687-8.
Noted by Tolan as possible pit-link.
Photos in Assoc Docs.
RCAHMS, 1979, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of North-east Inverness, Inverness District, Highland Region, 20, No. 135 (Text/Report). SHG2673.
Tolan, M, 1988, Pit circles in Scotland: some possible interpretations, 68-9, No. 9 (Text/Manuscript). SHG2886.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of North-east Inverness, Inverness District, Highland Region. . 20, No. 135.
- --- Text/Manuscript: Tolan, M. 1988. Pit circles in Scotland: some possible interpretations. 68-9, No. 9.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6240 4010 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2300:35:1177880253467667::::P35_SELECTED_MONUMENT:5142 (Historic Scotland scheduled monument description (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM5142 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13548 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.