MHG37555 - CALEDONIAN CANAL, DOCHGARROCH BOAT HARD
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HARD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Created automatically by NMRS Register Utility
User: Admin, Date: Wed 13 Oct 2004
NH64SW 16.04 6179 4039.
This feature by the bank of the canal, just SW of Dochgarroch Lock (NH64SW 16.01) is clearly marked on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1876, sheet xi).
Information from RCAHMS (MD) 27 September 2001.
This feature is no longer extant. In its place is a grassy bank which has a series of floating pontoons accessed by walkways moored to it. This original boat hard appears to have been replaced by the more recent boat hard seen to the north of the north lock gate at Dochgarroch. The more recent boat hard has been recorded as a separate site.
Information from Scottish Canals Recording Project (AC and MM), November 2013
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6178 4039 (60m by 60m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/197234 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.