MHG37597 - Church or chapel - Former Northern Counties District Lunatic Asylum, Leachkin Road, Inverness
Summary
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
Protected Status
- None recorded
Full Description
A chapel or church was built above the main SE facing entrance when the hospital was built and opened in 1864. According to RCAHMS the chapel was in use until it was converted into a ward. For a later Hospital church see NH64SW 56.20 (MHG49172). When the hospital closed in the 2000 the buildings were converted to housing but the former chapel was demolished.
Information from HES 20 January 2026
Sources/Archives (0)
Map
Location
| Grid reference | Centred NH 6363 4378 (28m by 28m) |
|---|---|
| Map sheet | NH64SW |
| Civil Parish | INVERNESS AND BONA |
| Geographical Area | INVERNESS |
Finds (0)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://trove.scot/place/200551 (View record on the HES Trove website)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.