MHG37685 - Shieldaig Lodge Hotel - Shieldaig
Formerly a hunting lodge.
Type and Period (2)
- HOTEL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- LODGE (19th Century - 1850 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Former shooting lodge.
Wester Ross Project - Cathy Dagg, 03/04
Former shooting lodge now hotel. Minor alterations from the layout depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey mapping. <1> <2>
The buiding was proposed for listing in 2014 but following assessment by Historic Scotland it was considered that it did not meet the necessary critera, though with its surviving outbuildings it did form a good group of period buildings. <3>
- <1> Verbal Communication: Carey, G. 2010-2011. Comment by Giles Carey, HER Officer.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-76. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <3> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic Scotland. 2014. Assessment against the listing criteria - Shieldaig Lodge, Shieldaig. Historic Scotland. 07/10/2014. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8068 7255 (76m by 45m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/202653 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.