MHG3786 - Druidtemple 2
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CIST (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
NH64SE 27 6849 4205.
In 1881, a small barrel-shaped urn, 4-5ins, high, was found in a stone cist in the edge of a gravel pit, 14 or 15 yards NW of the stone circle (NH64SE 23). There is no reason to associate this burial with the stone circle.
J Fraser 1884.
NH 68494205. This find has been sited to the centre of the edge of the gravel pit described above. No further information was obtained during field investigation.
Visited by OS (J L D) 23 March 1962.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of North-east Inverness, Inverness District, Highland Region. . 13, No. 69.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Fraser, J. 1884. 'Descriptive notes on the stone circles of Strathnairn and neighbourhood of Inverness', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 18 1883-4, p.328-62. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 328-62. 355-6.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6848 4205 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
- VESSEL (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13509 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.