MHG3820 - Bunchrew Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NH64NW 25 6171 4537
(Location cited as NH 617 455). Bunchrew Station, opened 1862 by the Inverness and ross-shire Rly. Formerly a 2-platform through station, the down platform has been demolished. The up-platform building, now a dwelling-house, is a 2-storey sandstone building with platform offices at first-floor level.
J R Hume 1977.
This intermediate station on the 'far North' line of the Highland Rly. was opened on 11 June 1862 by the Inverness and Ross-shire Rly; it closed to regular passenger traffic on 13 June 1960.
R V J Butt 1995.
Probably opened 11.6.1862; closed to passengers 13.6.1960; closed to goods 27.1.1964
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 48.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 210.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6171 4537 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13474 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.