MHG3824 - Englishton
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CAIRN (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
NH64NW 13 610 452.
In a field on sloping ground overlooking Englishtown were the remains of a cairn or hut circle which was partially removed at a former time. It is sited near the find spot of the cup-marked stone 'A' (NH64NW 11).
W Jolly 1882.
Enquiries at Englishton failed to find any knowledge of this feature. No traces of a hut circle or cairn were seen in the sloping fields immediately S of the farm.
Visited by OS (W D J) 28 March 1962.
- --- SHG1317 Text/Publication/Article: Jolly, W. 1882. On cup-marked stones in the neighbourhood of Inverness; with an appendix on cup-marked stones in the Western Islands. Proc Soc Antiq Scot Volume 16. 300-401. 342.
- --- SHG2673 Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of North-east Inverness, Inverness District, Highland Region. . 22, No. 157.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6100 4510 (14m by 14m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13462 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.