MHG3825 - Kirkton
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CUP MARKED STONE (Undated)
- None recorded
NH64NW 12 605 452.
At Kirkton Farmhouse (NH 605 453) are two stones with unusually large cups. Both stones are from Rhynie parish ( Aberdeenshire) and were found at the farm of Sandargue near the ruins of Lesmore Castle one mile from the village of Rhynie. Both are of porphyry; both are incomplete having been broken.
W Jolly 1882.
No trace of these stones were found at Kirkton. Inverness Museum was consulted but no information was encountered.
Visited by OS (W D J) 28 March 1962.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6049 4520 (10m by 10m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13461 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.