MHG3850 - Inverness Railway Station

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

NH64NE 150.00 668 454

NH64NE 150.01 6684 4556 station frame, signal box

(Location cited as NH 667 455). Inverness Station, opened in 1855 by the Inverness and Nairn Rly, and since rebuilt and extended. The terminal buildings have recently been rebuilt but the iron overall roof over the inner ends of the platforms survives.
J R Hume 1977.

Railway station, Station Square.
J Gifford 1992.

This station was the major station of the former Highland Rly and remains in regular use by passenger traffic.
R V J Butt 1995.

Sources/Archives (11)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 6678 4547 (126m by 107m)
Map sheet NH64NE
Civil Parish INVERNESS AND BONA
Geographical Area INVERNESS

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.