MHG3892 - Elrig
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NH62NW 56 6451 2760.
In rough ground on the W bank of the River Nairn, 550m SSW of Elrig farmhouse, there is a building with a rectangular yard to the NE. It measures 6.5m NE-SW by 3.45m transversely within walls 0.7m
thick. The entrance is in the SE side and there are two outshots attached to the NE end.
This building is depicted as roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1874, sheet xxxi), and again on the 2nd edition (1905).
Visited by RCAHMS (SDB) 3 March 1993.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6450 2760 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/78779 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.