MHG3913 - Township - Ruthven
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
This township comprises about twenty buildings in three clusters in the vicinity of Ruthven farmsteading, and extends over a distance of about 600m from NNE to SSW. Whilst several of the buildings were still roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1875, sheet xxx), they had all been abandoned by 1905 (Inverness-shire 1905, sheet xxx). General Roy's map depicts a settlement at about this location.
The three clusters are centred at the following
31.01 NH 6002 2675 Buildings; Enclosures (USN93 353-61) (see MHG3097)
31.02 NH 6017 2705 Buildings, Enclosure (USN93 295-9, 350-2) (see MHG3912)
31.03 NH 6019 2723 Buildings; Enclosures (USN93 362-4) (see MHG3915)
Visited by RCAHMS (PJD) 19 March 1993. <1> <2> <3>
Renumbered from NH62NW0030B
- <1> SHG23270 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: RCAHMS. 1994. Upper Strathnairn, Inverness - An Archaeological Survey, Summary Report 1994. RCAHMS. Paper (Original).
- <2> SHG2745 Text/Publication/Volume: Roy, W. 1747-55. Military Survey of Scotland. sheet 26/2.
- <3> SHG2676 Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1994. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. Upper Strathnairn, Inverness: an archaeological survey: summary report. .
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6013 2702 (463m by 678m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/78610 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.