MHG3913 - Ruthven
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Renumbered from NH62NW0030B
NH62NW 31 6015 2705.
This township comprises about twenty buildings in three clusters in the vicinity of Ruthven farmsteading, and extends over a distance of about 600m from NNE to SSW. Whilst several of the buildings were still roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1875, sheet xxx), they had all been abandoned by 1905 (Inverness-shire 1905, sheet xxx). General Roy's map depicts a settlement at about this location (Roy 1747-55).
The three clusters are centred at the following
31.01 NH 6002 2675 Buildings; Enclosures (USN93 353-61)
31.02 NH 6017 2705 Buildings, Ecnlosure (USN93 295-9, 350-2)
31.03 NH 6019 2723 Buildings; Ecnlosures (USN93 362-4)
Visited by RCAHMS (PJD) 19 March 1993.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6014 2705 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/78610 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.