MHG3915 - Ruthven
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Renumbered from NH62NW0030C
NH62NW 31.03 6019 2723.
At least three much-reduced buildings and the remains of several small enclosures occupy low-lying pasture about 200m to the N of Ruthven farmhouse. The buildings are rectangular and range in size from 12.2m to 19.7m in length by between 5.5m and 6.1m in breadth over walls reduced to stony banks spread to about 1.7m in thickness and up to 0.3m in height.
Visited by RCAHMS (PJD) 19 March 1993.
- --- Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph: J.S.Bone. Colour Slide. Yes.
- --- Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph: J.S.Bone. Castle Tombuidhe, Loch Ruthven. Colour Slide. Yes.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1994. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. Upper Strathnairn, Inverness: an archaeological survey: summary report. .
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6019 2723 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/78613 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.