MHG39587 - Cist burial - Cor Tulloch
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- CIST (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC? to 560 AD?)
- INHUMATION (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC? to 560 AD?)
A cist containing human remains was found at the prehistoric settlement of Corr Tulloch (see MHG1126 for the settlement). It has not been noted by subsequent OS investigators.
(ND 1513 3553) Cor Tulloch (NR)
Stone Cist containing Human Remains found (NAT)
OS 6" map, Caithness, 2nd ed., (1907)
'Only part of a wall visible. A number of large stones are lying about. It was partly destroyed about ten years ago for building purposes.' The cist is noted but no details are given.
Name Book 1871.
- --- SHG11920 Image/Photograph(s): Aisled dwelling 'Cor Tulloch' and broch 'Tiantulloch', Houstry.. Colour Slide; Digital Image. .
- --- SHG2664 Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1911. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Third report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Caithness. . 72, No. 262; illust. XY
- --- SHG3390 Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 6, 110.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 1513 3552 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM543 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8112 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.