MHG39620 - Enclosure, Daltimore
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Undated)
- None recorded
'Daltimore: c.4 Buildings shown
W Roy 1747-55
Four turf-covered rectangular footings about 0.5m high, two of which are longhouses. The larger is 19 by 4.5m and has adjoining at right angles a barn or byre. Extensive associated field banks occur in the vicinity. Visited by OS 16 March 1982.
A farmstead comprising two roofed and three unroofed buildings and an enclosure is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Caithness 1876, sheet xxii). Five unroofed buildings are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,560 map (1963).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 27 November 1995
|Grid reference||Centred ND 1410 4930 (60m by 60m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8249 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.