MHG39644 - Graveyard, Logiebride
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CEMETERY (Undated)
- None recorded
The church survives as a platform within the graveyard. Two unroofed buildings - a larger one which is clearly the church, with a smaller one close to its west end - are shown on a map of Logie Wester and Easter, dated 1791, at Conan House.
NH55SW 31 535 540.
Rural, tree enclosed burial ground near to Conon House. Many 19th century gravestones, and some into the start of the 20th century. The graveyard is roughly rectangular and there are some flat slabs underfoot. It has been used as recently as the 1990s. There is no redundant church or church in use, although it may have been the site of a previous church. Visited during the Highland Kirkyards project, run by Highland Buildings Preservation Trust. <1><2>
OPS, 1855, Origines parochiales Scotiae: the antiquities ecclesiastical and territorial of the parishes of Scotland, 548 (Text/Publication/Monograph). SHG342.
Cowan, I B, 1967, The parishes of medieval Scotland, 138 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG367.
<1> Robinson, B; Scott, M; Wright, A, 03/2010, Highland Kirkyards: Ross and Cromarty (Collection/Project Archive). SHG25133.
<2> Highlands Buildings Preservation Trust, 2009, Photographs of Ross and Cromarty Kirkyards (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG25134.
- --- Text/Publication/Monograph: OPS. 1855. Origines parochiales Scotiae: the antiquities ecclesiastical and territorial of the parishes of Scotland. 2/2. 548.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Cowan, I B. 1967. The parishes of medieval Scotland. 138.
- <1> Collection/Project Archive: Robinson, B; Scott, M; Wright, A. 03/2010. Highland Kirkyards: Ross and Cromarty. Highland Buildings Preservation Trust. 29/07/2010. Paper (Original).
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Highlands Buildings Preservation Trust. 2009. Photographs of Ross and Cromarty Kirkyards. Colour. . Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5352 5406 (62m by 64m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND LOGIE WESTER|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12865 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.