MHG40235 - Dailyoich
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RIG AND FURROW (Undated)
- None recorded
Dailyoich OS 6" map, Caithness, 1st ed., (1871)
The ruins of a small farm-steading. Name Book 1871.
Allandonagg, A settlement of about five buildings
W Roy 1747-55.
A deserted settlement comprising eight buildings, a corn-drying kiln and several small enclosures, situated adjacent to haughland covered in run-rig cultivation. Most of the buildings are reduced to 1.0m high or less, but one of them is 1.5m high.
Visited by OS 9 November 1982.
A township comprising nine unroofed buildings, four of which are long buildings, and three enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Caithness 1877, sheet xlii). Seven unroofed buildings and two enclosures are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,560 map (1964).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 23 November 1995.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Roy, W. 1747-55. Military Survey of Scotland. Sheet 37/1.
- --- Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Carter, S. & Rideout, J.. 1999. Forestry Survey: Langwell - Rinsary Braes, Berriedale, Caithness. Headland Archaeology. 03/03/1999. Paper and Digital.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 15, 114.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 1020 2435 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8093 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.