MHG4076 - Lonfearn
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- CAIRN (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- STONE CIRCLE (Undated)
- None recorded
Centred 51 62.
There were formerly vestiges of cairns and circles near Longern farmhouse at a place called Totagan dan Druidhean i.e. the little knoll of the Druids.
(For a hut circle on Lonfearn Burn see NG56SW 6 and for a cairn at Tot nan Druidhean see NG55NW 5)
RCAHMS 1928; C Maclagan 1875; NSA 1845.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Maclagan, C. 1875. The hill forts, stone circles and other structural remains of ancient Scotland. 119.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: NSA. 1845. The new statistical account of Scotland by the ministers of the respective parishes under the superintendence of a committee of the society for the benefit of the sons and daughters of the clergy. Vol. 14, 267.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1928. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Ninth report with inventory of monuments and constructions in the Outer Hebrides, Skye and the Small Isles. . 177, No. 569.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 5100 6200 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/11539 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.