MHG40792 - Possible Harbour, Landing place, Bonar Bridge
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- LANDING POINT (18th Century to 19th Century - 1701 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland (A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900, p. 101) - Sinclair B Calder, 1974
J Aitken : 19/2/2004 <1>
1st ed OS (25") marks a quay on the west side of river, down stream of the bridge. <2>
NH69SW 75 609 915
Nothing visible during field survey. <3>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Graham, A and Gordon, J. 1988. 'Old harbours in northern and western Scotland', Proc Soc Antiq Scot, Vol 117 (1987), pp 265-352. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland. Digital. 286-7.
- <1> Text/Manuscript: Calder, Sinclair B.. 1974. The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland: A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900. The University of Strathclyde.
- <2> Verbal Communication: White, H. Comment by Hilary White, HC Archaeologist.
- <3> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Sneddon, D, Gheorghiou, D, Hansom, J and Shearer, I. 03/2010. East Sutherland Coastal Zone Assessment survey: Data Structure Report. Glasgow University Archaeological Research Division (GUARD). 12/9/10. Digital. Site 1.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6089 9149 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14068 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.