MHG40871 - Cist & burial, Keppoch House
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BURIAL (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC? to 560 AD?)
- None recorded
NH55NW 11 5071 5965.
Stone Cist containing Human Remains found AD 1820 (NAT) OS 6"map, Ross-shire, 2nd ed., (1907)
A cist was found here c1820. It contained human bones which fell into dust on exposure to the air.
Name Book 1876.
No further information. Visited by OS (J B) 25 April 1975.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Hanley, R and Sheridan, A. 1994. 'A beaker cist from Balblair, near Beauly, Inverness District', Proc Soc Antiq Scot, Vol 124, pp 129-39. p 137.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region. . 16, No. 105.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 9, 69.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5071 5964 (6m by 6m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12783 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.