MHG41168 - Highland Home Industries, The Square, Strathpeffer
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- SHOP (Undated)
- None recorded
This shop, run by Miss MacCallum, was located in the grounds of Craigvar, at least since 1949 (before that it was located at NH 483 573, next to the Sheiling MHG22633). It shut as the Highland Home Industries shop in the late 1970s/early 1980s and was then briefly a sweet shop, run by Ernie Dan, who wanted to turn it into a chip shop, but was not allowed. The shop only opened during the summer months during its latter years. More recently, it was used by the church to make teas, also in the summer months; it did not have running water or toilet facilities. The building was only demolished fairly recently.
Information from Kitty Campbell; Fiona Newton;Margaret Spark; Duncan Finlayson, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project, 2011 <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4839 5818 (12m by 14m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/109097 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.