MHG4170 - LBA Gold Armlets - Corpach
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
A pair of LBA Irish-type gold penannular armlets were found in 1871 in the vicinity of Kilmallie (NN 089 771) and passed into the possession of the proprietor of the estate on which they were found.
J Anderson 1886; J M Coles 1962.
These armlets are in the possession of Cameron of Lochiel, Achnaharry House, but the find-spot could not be ascertained.
Visited by OS (N K B) 6 May 1970.
2011 - on loan to West Highland Museum. <1>
- --- SHG1476 Text/Publication/Article: Coles, J M. 1962. ''Scottish Late Bronze Age metalwork: typology, distributions and chronology'', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 93 1959-60, p.16-134. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 16-134. 90.
- --- SHG1898 Text/Publication/Volume: Anderson, J. 1886. Scotland in pagan times: the bronze and stone ages: the Rhind lectures in archaeology for 1882. 213.
- --- SHG873 Text/Publication/Article: Close-Brooks, J. 1978. 'Gold armlets from Kilmallie, Inverness-shire', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 107 1975-6, p.309-10. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 309-10. 309-10.
- <1> SHG25556 Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 08/2011. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Invergarry. Yes. Site 18.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 0889 7709 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- ARMLET (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/23584 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.