MHG4177 - MBA Flanged Axehead - Fort William
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
An MBA flanged axe from Fort William (name: NN 095 738) was shown to the members of the SAS in 1905 by Mr Macphee, Helensburgh.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1905; J M Coles 1966.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Coles, J M. 1966. 'Scottish Middle Bronze Age metalwork', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 97 1963-4, p.82-156. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 82-156. 135.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Schmidt and Burgess, P K and C B. 1981. 'The axes of Scotland and Northern England', Prahistorische Bronzefunde Vol. 9. Prahistorische Bronzefunde. 258.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1905. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library, with exhibits', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 39 1904-5, p.11-14, 117-19, 168-71, 245-8, 323-5, 377-8. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 11-14, 117-19, 168-71, 24. 378.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 0950 7380 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- AXEHEAD (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/23595 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.