MHG4185 - Mount Alexander Aqueduct over Allt Mor
Type and Period (1)
- AQUEDUCT (BUILT 1560; BUILT 1900; , Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
See Report No. 65 (site 1) - Archaeological Walkover Survey of the proposed route of Fort William Water Supply - Banavie SR Branch Supply Main
By C Dagg, 03/04/01
HS - scheduled monument consent was granted on 03/04/01 to allow the installation of a 250mm diameter water main. This will be passed through the west culvert of Mount Alexander Aqueduct.
See assoc. docs. File.
J Aitken : 17/04/01.
Martin Briscoe has submitted photos of this site to the Highland HER Flickr group. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NN 12191 77636 (29m by 76m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (5)
- http://kweimar.de/Bilder_XML.php?ket=HL672 (View more information on this bridge from a website about Highland Bridges)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7087 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM6492 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- http://www.flickr.com/groups/her/pool/tags/MHG4185 (Images of this site in the Highland HER Flickr group)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/23704 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.