MHG42263 - Macintosh Vault - Petty Parish Church
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- MAUSOLEUM (Undated)
This building was revisited by a member of RCAHMS staff in 2011, who noted that there are "fabulous statues of Highland Tigers flanking the entrance". Deterioration is evident with the roof now collapsing. The building remains at risk. <1>
A condition survey was carried out in 2012. <2>
The building was visited and photographed by S Kruse in 2013 during the ARCH Ardersier and Hilton Local Heritage Project. <3>
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Leonella Longmore. 2000. Land of Churches.
- <1> Text/Correspondence: Fry, I. 01/2012. Buildings at Risk updates, Inverness area and others. Digital.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wright A. 2012. The Mackintosh Mausoleam, Petty: Report on collapsed roof. Andrew PK Wright - Chartered Architect and Heritage Consultant. Digital.
- <3> Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2013-14. Ardersier and Hilton Local Heritage Project. Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7388 4989 (9m by 12m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (3)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB14931 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- http://www.buildingsatrisk.org.uk/BAR/detail.aspx?sctID=2808 (Buildings at Risk register entry)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14246 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.