MHG4250 - Galmisdale House, Eigg
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- INN (19th Century - 1801 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Traditional harled and slated farmhouse, extending to 3 bays and rising to a single storey with attic. The roof displays gabletted dormers, whilst a wide tin-roofed porch masks the front door. A lower 3 bay dwelling adjoins to the right. Orignally thatched, it is now tin-roofed. The property operated as a hotel in the 19th century. <1>
The building has now been removed from the Buildings at Risk register. <2>
- --- Text/Publication/Leaflet: Small Isles Manse and Galmisdale House. 1994. The Small Isles manse and Galmisdale House, The Island of Eigg, Inverness-shire: [sale particulars].
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: Historic Environment Scotland. Buildings at Risk Register. Site 988.
- <2> Text/Correspondence: Fry, I. 01/2012. Buildings at Risk updates, Inverness area and others. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NM 4744 8405 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||SMALL ISLES|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/106130 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.