MHG4257 - Cladh Tom an Tighe Mhoir
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CEMETERY (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NN18NE 6 1972 8855.
'Lochaber and Skye Monumental Inscriptions', pre 1855
Monumental inscription survey completed by Alastair G Beattie & Margaret H Beattie . The survey may not include inscription information after 1855 and each inscription transcribed does not give the full details that appear on the stones, abbreviations used. Some ommissions and inacuracies may be encountered. Published 1993.
J Aitken : 20/12/02
Cladh Tom an Tighe Mhoir or Cladh Tom Mhoir. Two small enclosed burial places of the Clan Cameron.
Name Book 1872.
Martin Briscoe has uploaded images of this site to the Highland HER Flickr group. The images are also linked directly to this record, but follow the link to the Flickr group (at the bottom of this record) to see further information and comments. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Edited by Alistair G Beattie and Margaret H Beattie. 1990. Lochaber and Skye Monumental Inscriptions, pre 1855. 1st.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 35, 45.
- <1> Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 1972 8855 (200m by 200m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://www.flickr.com/groups/her/pool/tags/MHG4257 (View images of this site in the Highland HER Flickr group)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/23736 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.