MHG4349 - Fort William, mound & bronze nodule
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- BRONZE WORKING SITE (Early Bronze Age to Medieval - 2400 BC to 1559 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Bronze Age to Medieval - 2400 BC to 1559 AD)
- None recorded
NN17SW 7 10 74.
A "pouring of bronze" found in a mound near Fort William is now in the NMAS.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1897
The NMS catalogue lists a small triangular dropping of bronze from Fort William, acquired 1897. Listed under Acc. No. DT 3. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1897. 'Donations to and purchases for the museum and library, with exhibits', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 31 1896-7, p.5-6, 78-80, 104-110, 153-6, 196-9, 230-40. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 5-6, 78-80, 104-110, 153-. 234.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. DT 3.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 0999 7400 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
- CASTING WASTE (Early Bronze Age to Medieval - 2400 BC? to 1559 AD?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/23728 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.