MHG43688 - Eddrachillis, Fishing Station

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • JETTY (Undated)

Protected Status

Full Description

No evidence regarding date of construction, but possibly late 18th century in origin. Large, long rectangular two storey building, abandoned but fairly good structural condition with a sound slated roof, fronting on to a stone pier or wharf.

The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland (A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900, p. 247) - Sinclair B Calder, 1974

J Aitken : 19/2/2004
------
(Location cited as NC 164 415). Badcall, pier and store, c. 1800. A stretch of coursed-rubble quay and a jetty, with a 2-storey, 11-bay store, now converted to houses.
J R Hume 1976.

Slipways [NAT] OS 1:10,000 map, 1992.

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NC 1641 4154 (50m by 50m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NC14SE
Geographical Area SUTHERLAND
Civil Parish EDDRACHILLIS

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (2)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.