MHG43879 - Kilmichael House
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Undated)
- None recorded
Kilmichael on Site of (NAT) Kilmichael Grave Yard (NR)
OS 6"map, Inverness-shire, 2nd ed., (1905)
The graveyard is believed to have occupied 'precisely the space fenced and used as ornamental ground from the Co. Road on the south to the garden fence a little north of the house'.
Name Book 1871
A church at Kil Michael was dedicated to the Archangel.
W MacKay 1893
The house, on the site of the graveyard, is still known as Kilmichael, and the tradition of a graveyard here (tho' not a church) is known locally; otherwise, no further information.
Visited by OS (R L) 23 Feburary 1970
Name Book (County), Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey, Book No. 56, 64 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG3389.
Mackay, W, 1893, Urquhart and Glenmoriston: olden times in a Highland parish, 337 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2461.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5037 3031 (13m by 18m)|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND GLENMORISTON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12644 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.