MHG43901 - Former Assembly Hall, Aultmore House, Nethy Bridge
An estate building, possibly a former assembly hall and most recently in use as a laundry.
Type and Period (2)
- ASSEMBLY HALL? (Built, First World War to 20th Century - 1915 AD to 1920 AD (at some time))
- LAUNDRY (In use, First World War to 20th Century - 1915 AD? to 2000 AD?)
Renumbered from NJ02SW0065
NJ02SW0008 Kestrel and Osprey Cottages
NJ02SW0007 Gate Lodge and Bridge
Photographs of the interior and exterior of this building were submitted to the HER in March 2010 in connection with its proposed conversion to additional residential use for the adjacent Curlew Cottage. The ground plan shows two interconnecting rooms, both described as former laundry rooms. <1>
The Canmore record also describes this as a cottage and former laundry. <2> Historic Scotland's listed building report, however, describes the building as an assembly hall. <3>
- <1> SHG24668 Image/Photograph(s): Marshall, R A. 2002-2010. Photographs of Curlew Cottage and former assembly hall, Aultmore House. Colour. . Digital.
- <2> SHG23282 Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 109016.
- <3> SHG24041 Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital. HB 550.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 01520 21769 (10m by 11m) (Centred)|
|Civil Parish||ABERNETHY AND KINCARDINE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB550 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/109016 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.