MHG43984 - Coul House, Gardens & Parkland
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- GLASSHOUSE (18th Century to 20th Century - 1800 AD? to 1967 AD?)
- None recorded
Coul House recorded as NH45NE0019
1st ed OS shows extremely large walled garden to SE of current house. Inverted U shape, but with woodland policies outwith this around the house and to the E.
The walled area has a series of buildings within including what looks like large L shaped greenhouse range on NE wall. Paths divide the garden and there is a "sundial" in the middle of the S side. - HAW 2/2003
Renumbered from NH45NE0141A
The glasshouse no longer exists, but the foundations survive to around 30cm in height. The foundations are hypocaust-like in nature. <1>
The glasshouse range was presumably demolished prior to 1967 as it does not appear on the 25 inch Ordnance Survey map of that date. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4637 5636 (63m by 35m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105496 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.