MHG44133 - Rhisalach
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FIELD BOUNDARY (Undated)
- None recorded
An unroofed structure which is attched to a length of field wall is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1878, sheet xci), but it is not shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,560 map (1967).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 20 September 1995
Surveyed by the Assynt's Hidden Lives project in November 2009. This site consists of a turf covered bank forming a field wall running NW/SE up a steep hillside, approximately 25m S of the A835. No trace of any associated building could be found. Some stone remains interpreted as foundations are now heavily covered by turf, moss and heather and are only visible as a bank. <1>
<1> Cavers, G & Hudson, G, 05/2010, Assynt's Hidden Lives: An archaeological survey of the the parish, 20, p. 74 (Text/Report/Fieldwork Report). SHG24882.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 2209 1210 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/89585 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.