MHG4457 - Kincraig Station (HR)
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NH80NW 6 8320 0567
Thumbnail Photo - showing Kincraig Station
Mr and Mrs Galloway, 13/2/04
(Location cited as NH 832 057). Kincraig Station, opened 1863 by the Inverness and Perth Junction Rly. Formerly a two-platform through station, the face of the up platform has been removed, though the lattice-girder footbridge survives, as does the down-platform building.
J R Hume 1977.
This intermediate station of the former Highland Rly was opened (as Boat of Insch Station) by the Inverness and Perth Junction Rly on 9 September 1863. It was renamed Kincraig Station on 1 September 1871 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 18 October 1965, the line itself remaining in use.
R V J Butt 1995.
Kincraig Station (HR) opened 9.9.1863; closed 18.10.1965.
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 38, 133.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 203.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8319 0567 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/69332 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.