MHG44789 - Inshes House, tower
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- DOVECOT (Undated)
NH64E 32.01 6951 4369
The ancient building possessed a keep or tower, and the Doveot is still in a good state of preservation.
Name Book 1868; NSA (A Rose, A Clark, R Macpherson) 1845
The dovecot is roofed and in a good state of repair, and is probably of 18th c. date.
Visited by OS (W D J) 24 April 1962.
Name Book (County), Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey, Book No.31, 15 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG3363.
NSA, 1845, The new statistical account of Scotland by the ministers of the respective parishes under the superintendence of a committee of the society for the benefit of the sons and daughters of the clergy, Vol.14, (Inverness-shire), 15 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2597.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: NSA. 1845. The new statistical account of Scotland by the ministers of the respective parishes under the superintendence of a committee of the society for the benefit of the sons and daughters of the clergy. Vol.14, (Inverness-shire), 15.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No.31, 15.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6950 4369 (8m by 8m)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2200:15:0::::BUILDING:8050 (View listed building information on Historic Scotland's website (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB8050 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/104501 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.