MHG45136 - Tarbat House (AD 1787)
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- STABLE (Undated)
NH77SE 15 7700 7360
Built to replace old Tarbat House at NH 77SE 9 in 1787.
ARCHITECT: J MacLeran
REFERENCE: SCOTTISH RECORD OFFICE
Cromartie muniments-Tarbat House Contracts. Three contracts for iron and mason work specified and detailed, for alterations to Tarbat House, 1723-9 GD305/1/147/63-65
BIBLIOGRAPHIC REFERENCE: NMRS LIBRARY
Country Life, Sept 19th 1977 Lord Tarbat's Development of Cromarty Firth by Monica Clough
Forman, S, 1958, 'Tarbat House', Scot Fld Vol. 105 Aug 1958, p.21-3, 21-3 (Text/Publication/Article). SHG1604.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7701 7361 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
|Civil Parish||KILMUIR EASTER|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2200:15:0::::BUILDING:7848 (View listed building information on Historic Scotland's website (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7848 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14587 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.