MHG45703 - Ledbeg
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Undated)
- None recorded
NC21SW 20 2466 1344
NC 2466 1344: Mound, grass-covered, 50m in diameter surrounded by wall; associated with a rectangular enclosure. A grass-covered curving wall 30 x 50m by 0.3m high(NC 2496 1336).
R Mercer, Ledmore Survey nos.8, 15 1978.
Abandoned early modern land use.
Visited by OS (NKB) 1 September 1980
What may be a field-system comprising two incomplete, conjoined enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1878, sheet lxxxii). Some lengths of wall are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,560 map (1967).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 19 September 1995
The remains of a field system comprising a turf bank which surrounds the north, south and east sides of a grassy knoll. The bank is aligned N-S and stands up to 0.3m high with no discernible entrance. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NC 2465 1344 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/89589 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.