MHG45810 - Building - west of Millburn Cottage, Rhu
Rectillinear ruined building west of Millburn Cottage, Rhu
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
The following site was recorded in a desk-based survey and field inspection in four areas proposed for natural woodland regeneration. Sponsor: Scottish Woodlands Ltd. D Alexander 1995.
Rectilinear building with rounded corners. <1>
A walkover survey of the Claggan and area west of Milburn was undertaken in 2014 by Rough Bounds Archaeology et al.
Site 12. Ruin backed by NE facing hillside c.4 x 3 mtrs with walls to 75 cms, entrance on north-eastern long side. <2>
Ordnance Survey Mastermap <3>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Alexander, D. 1995. 'Arisaig (Arisaig & Moidart parish), desk-based survey and field inspection', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1995, p.40. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 40. 40.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Alexander, D.. 1994. Arisaig, Lochaber District, Highland Region: Archaeological Survey. Centre for Field Archaeology, University of Edinburgh. 30/01/1994. Paper and Digital.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Rough Bounds Archaeology. 2016. Walkover Survey - Rhu Peninsula. Rough Bounds Archaeology. Digital. p.92 Site 12.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6435 8511 (8m by 10m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/132605 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.