MHG46325 - Various Metal Finds - Redcastle
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- (Former Type) SITE (Undated)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1560 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
Sixteen post-medieval finds, including a gold ring and silver spoon handle with Inverness silversmiths' marks. Museum Acc Nos: INVMG 2002.092.001-016
P Weeks and Mr C MacLeod
16 post-medieval and later objects from Redcastle were submitted to Treasure Trove (TT 89/01) and allocated to Inverness Museum. It comprised two silver spoon handles, a gold finger ring, a base metal spoon handle, a cistern tap, a coin weight nest, two buttons, a machine lid and screw top, a badge, a tag, a lead disc, two Charles I- II turners and an unidentifiable coin. Listed under Acc. Nos. 2002.092.001-016. See attached TT summary sheet. <1> <2>
Grid reference given is marginal and does not represent the precise findspot. GW 25/05/20
- --- Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 241783.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 89/01.
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 89/01. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 58 50 (20m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- SPOON (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- FINGER RING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- WEIGHT (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/241783 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.