MHG4639 - Tom Eiridh township
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NH92NE 10 952 287.
NH 952 287: Minor depop. 7 buildings, 6 enclosures, Average height c.1.0m. Depopulated c.1870.
Visited by OS 8 September 1966.
A township, comprising two roofed buildings, four unroofed buildings, three enclosures and two lengths of head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1874-5, sheet xxxiv). Four unroofed buildings, two enclosures, field walls and two lengths of head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1972).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 4 July 1996.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 9520 2870 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DUTHIL AND ROTHIEMURCHUS|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15417 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.