MHG46462 - Cross Incised Stone - Ballachly
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CROSS SLAB (Early Medieval to Medieval - 561 AD? to 1559 AD?)
- None recorded
A cross-incised slab, discovered during the demolition of a wall at Ballachly steading, is now preserved in Dunbeath Heritage Centre.
Information from RCAHMS (IFr), 14 October 2003.
This stone was submitted to Treasure Trove (TT 47/02) and allocated to Dunbeath Heritage Museum. <1> <2>
- --- Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 251227.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 47/02.
- <2> Text/Record Form/Project Recording Form: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2019. Dunbeath Heritage Centre Archives.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 1572 3049 (20m by 20m)|
- CARVED OBJECT (Early Medieval - 561 AD to 1057 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/251227 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.