MHG46665 - Workshop and Store - Coast Battery, South Sutor
Part of the Second World War Cromarty defences.
Type and Period (3)
- (Former Type) MAGAZINE (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- STOREHOUSE (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- WORKSHOP (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- None recorded
The brick and concrete built magazine is situated about 20m W of No.2 gun (WW II) on the opposite side of the access track and below the Battery Observation Post (MHG36171).
The buildings retains most of the steel window shutters and doors.
The magazine is visible on RAF vertical air photographs (106G/UK/751, 6035-6037, flown 31 August 1945).
Visited by RCAHMS (DE, SW), August 2000
Building was mis-identified as a magazine due to its construction. It was a Royal Artillery store and workshop.
GIS spatial data copied from data supplied by AKK from the RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 81012 66902 (11m by 14m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/252675 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.