MHG46667 - Water Tank - Coast Battery, Site No. 4, South Sutor
A water tank associated with the First World War (Site No. 4) 9.2 inch battery site at South Sutor.
Type and Period (1)
- WATER TANK (First World War - 1914 AD to 1918 AD)
- None recorded
A large concrete water tank is situated immediately within the gate through the perimeter fence and E of the access track. The tank retains a cast iron water gauge on the E elevation. <1>
GIS spatial data copied from data supplied by AKK from the RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. <2>
The tank is included within the scheduled area for the South Sutor Battery with effect from 29/04/2019. <3>
For other installation associated with the First World War (Site No. 4) 9.2 inch Battery site, see also MHG35185, MHG36169, MHG36172, MHG36174, MHG59894.
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 252686.
- <2> Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. No. 457. XY
- <3> Text/Designation Notification/Scheduled Monument: Historic Environment Scotland. 2019. Addition to the Schedule of Monuments: SM13571: South Sutor Battery, batteries and camp. Historic Environment Scotland. 01/05/2019. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 80993 66999 (13m by 29m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM13571 (View online HES designation record)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/252686 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.