MHG46669 - Storehouse and Workshop - North Sutor, Coast Battery
Storehouse and workshop associated with the Second World War 6 inch Battery site.
Type and Period (2)
- STOREHOUSE (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- WORKSHOP (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- None recorded
A brick and concrete single storey building situated about 18m to the rear of the the WW II No.1 gun-emplacement. The building has several compartments and it is not known what purpose it was used for.
A round, type 25 pillbox has been extracted from it's original postition and placed next to this building (NH86NW 9.14).
Visited by RCAHMS (DE, SW), August 2000
A Royal Artillery store house and workshop lies behind gun No. 2. It still has evidence of camouflage paint, but most of the metel including the steel window shutters have been removed.
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 29 July 2013. <1>
GIS spatial data copied from data supplied by AKK from the RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. <2>
For other installations associated with the Second World War 6 inch battery site, see also
MHG35180, MHG35177, MHG35179, MHG35981, MHG35183, MHG38497, MHG46670, MHG59141, MHG59174, MHG59896, MHG59178, MHG34271, MHG35182.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 81984 68986 (13m by 12m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/252689 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.