MHG46849 - Drumbuie Farm Cottage, Drumnadrochit
A late 19th-century house associated with Drumbuie Farm.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1871 AD to 1900 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (16/01/2004)
Architect: Alexander and William Reid 1855 alterations
Inventory of plans held in the Scottish Record Office - typescript (R6/P24) <1>
An L-shaped single storey house with inserted box dormers. Photographs of this building were submitted to the HER in May 2009 to comply with a condition on planning permission. The building is to be converted to a garage and a new house erected to the east. A selection of photographs is attached to this record and further images are available on CD. <2>
The house is first depicted on the 2nd edition Ordnance Survey map c.1900. <3>
The Ordnance Survey address point data indicates that the house was formerly known as "Old Drumbuie Farmhouse". However, the steading is depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey so it seems unlikely that this was the original house. <4>
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 253550.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Roy, P. 04/2009. Photographs of Drumbuie Farm Cottage, Drumnadrochit. Colour. . Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1900-5. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Inverness. Digital.
- <4> Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 51714 30350 (15m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND GLENMORISTON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/253550 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.