MHG4690 - Loch Na Carraghean
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- MOUND (Undated)
- None recorded
NH91NW 12 908 156.
On the E side of Loch na Carraghean "in the wood" are two circular grass-covered mounds, one 50ft and the other 40ft in diameter.
A Mitchell and J Drummond 1875.
Local enquiry and perambulation of area failed to locate these mounds.
Visited by OS (R L) 14 November 1966.
Visited by OS (N K B) 26 September 1969.
Mitchell, A and Drummond, J, 1874, Vacation notes in Cromar, Burghead, and Strathspey. Including notice of one of the supposed burial-places of St Columba, 687 (Text/Publication/Article). SHG1803.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 9080 1560 (14m by 14m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DUTHIL AND ROTHIEMURCHUS|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15386 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.